Sunday School Classes (9:45 AM)
- Professionally staffed Nursery is available for newborns and toddlers.
- Children’s Sunday School
- Sanctuary – Music is offered at the beginning of Sunday School for children ages 3 and up, led by Carole Hall and Beth McBride
- Rm. 6 – 3 and 4 year olds
- Rm. 8 – Kindergarten and first grade
- Rm. 18 – Second through fifth grades led by Judy Harford
Curriculum: Bible to Life approach — Live Big , with activities, games, and application which make the Bible come alive!
Youth Sunday School
The youth class is led by Mike & Wendy Moore and Sara Bailey Rucker in the Youth Room B, for grades 6 and above. The curriculum is Following Jesus and is filled with fun and active learning!
Adult Sunday School
- Rm. 10 – Jim Haney’s Good News Bible Study class
- Social Hall A – Study led by Patrick Lonergan
Small Groups for learning, support, and accountability are an important part of spiritual growth and formation. St. Matthias UMC is continually adding more opportunities. Come, experience the love of Christ together in these opportunities.
Classes are offered in Spring for youth who want to become full members of the church. Field trips, dramatic skits, memorizing Bible passages, and participating in a mission project are ways used to prepare for confirmation.
Vacation Bible School (VBS)
Each August (first full week), St. Matthias UMC offers a week-long Vacation Bible School. Through music, drama, puppets, Bible stories, arts & crafts, and many other experiences, children of all ages learn of God’s love for them.
New Members Classes
Offered on an on-going basis, as needed. See Pastor Bert for more information.