Sunday School Classes (9:45 AM)
Professionally staffed Nursery is available for newborns and toddlers.
Children’s Sunday School
- Sanctuary – Music is offered at the beginning of Sunday School for children ages 3 and up, led by Carole Hall, Mary Lou Pitzer, and Beth McBride
- Rm. 6 – 3 and 4 year olds led by Laura Cooper
- Rm. 8 – Kindergarten and first grade led by Brenda Wood
- Rm. 18 – Second through fifth grades led by Judy Harford
Curriculum: Bible to Life approach — Live Big , with activities, games, and application which make the Bible come alive!
Youth Sunday School
The youth class is led by Mike & Wendy Moore and Sara Bailey Rucker in the Youth Room B, for grades 6 and above. The curriculum is Following Jesus and is filled with fun and active learning!
Adult Sunday School
- Rm. 10 – Jim Haney’s Good News Bible Study class
- Social Hall A – Study Holy Spirit Here and Now led by Sonny Bray
- Pastor’s Office – Getting to know your Bible led by Debbie Whittington
- God’s Celebrators uses the Upper Room Wednesday devotion and discussion points. They meet at 12:45 PM on Tuesdays until 1:45 PM in homes of the group members. The POC is Mary Ella Fuquay 540-479-8285
- Sisters in Christ uses studies written by women for women to enable a closer walk with Christ. They meet every other Tuesday evening at 6:30 PM in the homes of group members. The POC is Peg Jones, 540-775-5729
- Thursday Upper Room uses the Upper Room Wednesday devotion and discussion points. They meet at 5:30 PM on Thursdays at the church or a restaurant. The POC is Tammi Ellis 540-842-2858.
- Couples Study and Fellowship uses various books with a variety of topics. They meet every other Friday evening at 7:00 PM in homes of group members. The POC is Peg Jones, 540-775-5729.
- Pray Like A Man is a men’s prayer and spiritual support group, meets from 7:00-7:30 AM on Saturdays at the church. All are welcome. The POC is Matt McBride, 540-371-0725.
- Men’s Bible Study is currently studying the Book of ACTS led by Jim Haney. They meet at 8:00 AM on Saturdays at the church. Study guides are available. The POC is Gordon Payne, 540-850-7897.
Classes are offered in Spring for youth who want to become full members of the church. Field trips, dramatic skits, memorizing Bible passages, and participating in a mission project are ways used to prepare for confirmation.
Vacation Bible School (VBS)
Each August (first full week), St. Matthias UMC offers a week-long Vacation Bible School. Through music, drama, puppets, Bible stories, arts & crafts, and many other experiences, children of all ages learn of God’s love for them.
New Members Classes
Offered on an on-going basis, as needed. See Pastor Pat for more information.